“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change”
– Dr Wayne Dyer
Mindfulness Leaves on a Stream by Russ Harris
Mindfulness of Emotions by Russ Harris
Loving Kindness Meditation
Lying Down Yoga
Breath and Body Meditation
This tool provides a way to quickly identify the source of your biggest problems (and recognise what you are doing that’s making them worse) and plan how to deal with them effectively. Written and narrated by Dr Russ Harris.
The Unwelcome Party Guest – an Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) Metaphord – There are psychological tools we can learn to use instead of trying to control our thoughts and feelings. By Joe Oliver
Training the mind can be like watching traffic go by. How do we stop ourselves getting caught up with the thoughts? It’s a question of perspective. An animation by Headspace co-founder, Andy Puddicombe.
This animation explains the important distinction between living a goals-focused vs a values-focused life… and why living in accordance with your innermost values can lead to a more rich, full, and meaningful life. Written and narrated by Dr Russ Harris.
What is the best way to ease someone’s pain and suffering? In this beautifully animated RSA Short, Dr Brené Brown reminds us that we can only create a genuine empathic connection if we are brave enough to really get in touch with our own fragilities. Find out more about the RSA
- Get Out of Your Mind and Into Your Life by Steven Hayes and Spencer Smith (general ACT self-help workbook from one of the creators of ACT)
- The Happiness Trap: Stop struggling, start living. Russ Harris
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Depression: Using ACT to Move Through Depression and Create a Life Worth Living by Patricia Robinson and Kirk Strosahl
- The Mindfulness and Acceptance Workbook for Anxiety: A Guide to Breaking Free from Anxiety, Phobias, and Worry using ACT by John Forsyth and Georg Eifert
- Finding Life Beyond Trauma: Using ACT to Heal from Post-Traumatic Stress and Trauma-Related Problems by C. Follette and J. Pistorello
- The Worry Trap: How to Free Yourself from Worry & Anxiety using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by C. Lejeune.
- Living Beyond Your Pain: Using Acceptance and Commitment Therapy to Ease Chronic Pain by JoAnne Dahl and Tobias Lundgren
- Act on Life not on Anger: The New Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Guide to Problem Anger by G. Eifert, M. McKay and J. Forsyth
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Survive Everyday Parenting Struggles, and Help Your Family Thrive by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- No-Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson